Saturday 13 July 2019

Creative Kit Inspiration

I am so excited to share with you at long last, the launch of Papercraft Skies brand new Creative Kit.
Kaye Mellor who is an amazing Paper crafter and Stampin up! demonstrator has now launched her very first kit that's now available to purchase in her shop.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.papercraftskies.co.uk%2Fproduct%2Fcreative-kit%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1CkU-CS6h3RZMavg5OjG01BKb1yPVvGqm7bgqqgDfm2rr6UIOYDif2Zqo&h=AT2EqPIrrI2_MZ_RuQNmzAh43UyGbF_oiTk67ftQCFlJukdvE9vrxdDN3y_b1xspNaCAi60U1kttF_vFQjfO_Q6G8sYSS18MmaXPaq-FwRswaJREm6ns6Zehxfh1RVm6tV55fVP7xKBca8u8O70 Link to the kit

Kaye very kindly asked if she could send me one of her kits to review. Firstly I was blown away to have been chosen to design for Kaye/Papercraft Skies.

Kaye and I have both chatted over the last several weeks regarding the kit and sharing ideas to inspire you all with ways to use it.

I received my kit a few days ago, beautifully packaged I might add see pictures below.


Kaye is also offering the chance to add one or two stamp sets that coordinate beautifully with the kit you can select the option for one or both at the checkout when placing your order.

Fanciful Fragrance.

Very Versailles.

On to the inspiration, I had so much fun playing with the kit Kaye choose Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper and oh my goodness its gorgeous just perfect for a vintage type journal.
I wanted to get the most out of my kit so I decided to make two journals/Travelers Notebooks and  storage holder to keep them in.
I think I got a little carried away but hey I was doing what I love creating to inspire.
First Ill show you some pictures then ill give instruction as to how I made them hope you enjoy.


Here are both the journals I made jam packed with coffee dyed papers, coffee dyed grease proof paper, coffee dyed lined paper yes there is a lot of coffee dying going on :) a few tuck spots, dictionary paper and of course Kaye's kit.
The first journal in the left of the picture has 34 pages and a magnetic closure. The second journal has 24 pages tied with twine.
I used the twine from the packaging that came with the kit. (save everything)


For the storage holder I decided to use my dictionary paper and collage the box adding a few of the designer papers for a pop of colour then inking over the papers to give a sort of distressed look.

Here's how I made the journals.
You will need a piece of card that measures 8.1/2" x 8.1/4" score on the long side at 4.1/8" this will be the journal cover.

for the papers you can use any size really with the tallest being the size of the cover 8.1/4" once you have all the paper together I laid them on my cutting mat and cut them to the size of the cover using my cutting knife. Then really all you need to do is decorate to your own taste. I have a very simple style but elegant I think. I like to write a lot on my journals so don't really like to cover up to much of the pages. I used the paper and embellishments to decorate though out tearing strips here and there adding them to the the sides of the pages and in the centre, You can see from the pictures what I mean.
You also get some beautiful lace and washie tape in the kit that I used on the edges of a few of the pages. There's so much on offer with everything you need to make a really full journal or use you kit sparingly and make two like I did.

For the box I used a piece of black card that measures 9.5/8" x 12" score on the 12" side at 4.1/2", 5.3/4", 10.1/4", 11.1/2" on the short side score at 1.1/4" to create the diagonal you will need to make a pencil mark at 4" up from the bottom score line on the outer edge of the two larges panels. see pictures as I'm sure your confused I am a bit writing it haha



This is what you should have once it's all cut out.
Then just glue the thin strip on the side and the bottom flaps then your all ready to decorate.

I really hope you enjoyed seeing my journals as much as I did making them. Please go over to Kaye's shop to check it out. It's a great price an so much you can do with it.

Ill leave you now with lot's of inspirational pictures of the inside of both journals. Have fun and happy crafting. Danielle xx












































2 comments:

Book ring Journal album

Hi everyone thank you for stopping by, it's been a while what with going on holiday and the girls being off school for six weeks. Also w...